‘This DVD is simply stunning. It made me want to grab my paddle and get on the water’.
Take a head-long dive into over 90 minutes of inspiring, edge-of-your seat sea kayaking action from renowned filmmaker Justine Curgenven & Cackle TV. Immerse yourself in stunning photography from Japan, Tasmania, Newfoundland, The Great Lakes, Skooks tidal rapid, Norway & Wales. Featuring some of the world’s best paddlers. You will be inspired.
- Full 25 minute documentary of the first all-female circumnavigation of Tasmania by Justine Curgenven, Trys Morris and Gemma Rawlings.
- 6 month Circumnavigation of Japan by Hadas Feldman and Jeff Allen
- Black belt seakayaking at “The Bitches” tidal race in South Wales
- Stunning scenery on the remote Lofoton Islands in Norway
- Bryan Smith surviving multiple rolls at “Skooks” tidal rapid in BC
- Paddling with icebergs and whales in Newfoundland
- International racing kayaker Sean Morley
- Fantastic underwater rolling footage with Greenland-style paddle Doug VanDoren
- Explore the Manitou Islands on Lake Michigan
- Kayaks getting vertical in North Wales tidal races
|This is the sea 2 – Intro||Tasmania|
This is the Sea 2″ won best seakayaking film at the Reel Paddling Film Festival in Feb 2006. Sections of the video were shown on the Film Festival tour which visited 21 different locations in North America throughout 2006.
Tasmania won Best Film on Adventurous Sports & Lifestyles at the 5th Annual ‘Wanaka Mountain Film festival’ in New Zealand in 2006
“Tasmania” won 2nd place ( silver camera) at the biggest European kayaking Film Festival, held in Rosenheim, Germany, Jan 2006
“This is the Sea 2″ and “Tasmania” were finalists at the National Paddling Film Festival in Kentucky, USA in 2006
“Tasmania circumnavigation” was a finalist at the Kendal Mountain Film Festival, Nov 2006. The film was one of 53 selected from 500 entries.
“Tasmania” got a special mention by the judges at the Llanberis Mountain Film Festival, North Wales in March 2006
Tasmania circumnavigation has also won ‘honorable mention’ at the Neuse Riverkeepers film Festival in NC, Nov 2006.
“This is the Sea 2″ was a finalist at the 2006 Fort William Film Festival in Scotland.
The Skooks tidal race section was a finalist at the 2006 Vancouver Mountain Film Festival.
Extracts shown at the 4th annual Nordic Mountain Film Festival in September 2006 in Jotunheimen, Norway, on a big outdoor screen.
Thank You To Our Sponsors!